Waka, a new brand which for the first time brings Nikkei which is a vibrant fusion of Peruvian and Japanese cuisine.
Situated in the Square Mile at 39a Eastcheap equidistant from the landmark ‘Walkie Talkie’ building and The Monument, Waka will cater to City worker, Londoners and visitors alike, all of whom will be pleasantly surprised at Waka’s incredibly affordable pricing.
Dishes are priced from around £4 to £7 and presented in Waka’s ‘Go Food’ packaging
What we had:
- Sea bass ceviche with wasabi leche de tigre
- Prawn Ceviche ( amazing!)
- Salmon Tradito
- Salmon Anticucho with Purple Potatoes ( Signature Dish)
- Yakisoba Noodles with Chicken
- Pork Bun & Pork Gyoza
- Tuna, Salmon and Seabass Bowl ( this was are favourite!)
- Beef and queso andino tataki, truffle mayo
- Truffle Tuna Tataki
While Waka’s ‘Nikkei Go Food’ is predominantly intended to be grab and go, a 60 cover basement dining area, decorated in the bright colours of Waka’s happy, playful palette will provide a welcome respite from the hectic Square Mile for those wishing to eat in.
We absolutely loved it! Mainly the Ceviche and Cold dishes. Healthy, High Quality and Fresh and so much flavour! Will definitely be popping in again soon!
39a Eastcheap, London EC3M 1DE