BIG DROP BREWING CO. launch crowdfunding for major expansion
- Beer lovers and small investors can own a stake in BIG DROP BREWING CO, the world’s first dedicated alcohol-free craft brewer
- Sales of non-alcoholic beer expected to reach more than $25 billion by 2024, according to research from Global Market Insights
- Investors can chip in from £50 to £50,000 (and beyond) to become part of BIG DROP’s success story – and gain access to a host of exclusive benefits
- BIG DROP rewrites the rules with alcohol-free beer that tastes as good as full-strength
- Unique brewing process produces 0.5% beer without any need to remove alcohol, preserving 100% taste
- Beers are gluten-free and many are vegan
- Winner of 26 major international beer awards since launch in 2016
- £1.3m raised to date from sector specialists, including the founders of Camden Town, and private equity professionals
- Crowdfunding launches in February 2020
One of the world’s first breweries dedicated to alcohol-free craft beer, BIG DROP are offering beer drinkers a chance to be part of the innovative venture. For as little as the price of a (large) round of drinks, contributors can become part of a British company that’s changing the way we drink – and can access a booming worldwide market which Global Market Insights predicts will reach a massive $25bn in value by 2024.
In 2016, London-based BIG DROP rewrote the rules of alcohol-free beer with a unique brewing process that brings unprecedented flavour to sub-0.5% beers. Co-founded by former city lawyer Rob Fink and his best mate, designer and entrepreneur James Kindred, BIG DROP recruited renowned experimental brewer Johnny Clayton (ex-Wild Beer) to perfect a radical new brewing technique. This new method eradicates the need to extract alcohol after
“There’s always been alcohol-free beer but it’s never been any good before!” explains co-founder Rob Fink. “We wanted to fix that. We started this company because our own lifestyles had changed. James and I had recently become fathers, and the lower-alcohol beer we wanted just wasn’t there.”
Having spent ten years in the City as a litigation lawyer, Rob also understood the the frustration of those who have to spend time in pubs either for work or socially but don’t, for whatever reason, want to drink alcohol– and had a pitifully poor range of drinks to choose from.
“We knew there were a lot of people who felt exactly the same way as we did,” he says. “We realised we could create not just the beer we wanted, but a community of like-minded people too. What if we could do for alcohol-free beer what the craft beer revolution had done for, well, beer?”
Now beer fans and small investors alike can take a stake in the world’s first specialist low-alcohol craft brewer, as BIG DROP launches a major crowdfunding initiative in 2020 – details at https://bigdropbrewing.
£500 – Online Discount Code | Merch incl. T-Shirt, Glass, Barblade
£1000 – Tickets to Big Drop’s Summer Family Event | Online Discount Code | Merch incl. T-Shirt, Glass, Barblade | Bespoke Pint Glass
£5000 – Festival tickets – Summer VIP Camping and hosted by Big Drop
£25,000 – Big Drop Brew Day with the Master Brewer, creating a personalised brew
£50,000 – Swedish Brewery tour: hosted trip to visit one of Big Drop’s key partner countries.
BIG DROP’s crowdfunded expansion comes at a time when newly health-conscious consumers are seeking out low-and-no alcohol options in greater numbers. ONS figures indicate that nearly 25% of 16-24 year olds do not drink at all, and UK sales of alcohol-free beer rocketed 58% between 2017 and 2018 alone according to data insight company Kantar. British drinkers spent £57m in the 12 months to April 2019 on no- or low-alcohol beer, up 39% and equivalent to 12.5m pints.
BIG DROP: 0.5% alcohol, 100% flavour.